So, I am making up for lost time....
I went to see Stardust which, I had pretty high hopes for...I mean come on, I named a friend after it. You don't just rename people unless you feel good about it.
From the start of the movie I felt like I was watching something I had already seen, I would even go so far as say it felt almost like watching Perfume: The Story of a Murderer...at first. But then the film became it's own. I enjoyed it. I forgot how much I enjoyed the writing of Neil Gaiman and proceeded to go directly to Amazon today and purchase several of his books that I had not read.
It was refreshing to see Claire Danes again in a large part and she even did a relatively convincing accent, unlike Michelle Pfeiffer whose accent was embarrassing. Robert Di Nero was funny but over the top and Ricky Gervais was...well..Ricky Gervais. It took me a while to warm up to Charlie Cox as Tristran (or Tristan in the film...probably as not to get on ignorant American's nerves..."Why they sayin' that name there wrong?") But by the end of the film I couldn't picture anyone doing it better. There was also a surprising amount of medium to big names scattered randomly in smaller parts throughout the film that you don't really even realize are there until you, well, go to the IMDB page to see who the hell that kid was that played Tristan. But also amongst the cast is Ian McKellen (narrator), Sienna Miller (Victoria), and Rupert Everett (Secondus) and a couple of people you will recognize but never remember their names.
Warning, this is a two hour long movie and if you get a soda...don't drink it all because you WILL have to use the restroom before the end, especially since there is a place you think will be the end but it won't be. Don't be tricked into thinking you are about to experience bladder relief just to be laughed at. Trickery I say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment