Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows review, no spoilers...I promise!

I won't give any spoilers. I will just review. So, my first comment is that if you really want to read a book as soon as it comes out don't order it through Amazon even if it is guaranteed delivery. It came around 2 o'clock on Saturday which wouldn't have sucked so badly if I didn't have to work at the ballpark that night. Alas. I read roughly the first 150 pages before I had to leave for work and I was already crying. The ball game was tortuously long.

I finished last night around 10ish, feeling satisfied. The ending gets a little Lord of the Rings with the 50 endings but there are many twists and turns that will keep any fan satisfied. People die, people's allegiances are not where you thought they were and overall I feel okay with the fact that the Harry Potter journey has ended. It was a long time coming and I think that Rowling did a good job with it. I do think her writing style was influenced by the movies, but I have been said that in the last book also. The ending felt very movie-esque and I look forward to seeing the troupe of actors who, by then, we will have watched grow up, act out the dramatic conclusion.

Read more reviews and funny anecdotes on my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment