Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lace up your McFly's...the DeLorean is back!


I was estatic when I found this post on Slashdot! There is apparantly a Texas based company that restores DeLorean's that is now doing a limited run of NEW DeLorean's! According to the article rooted at the LA Times there are 6,500 currently still on the road. That is soon about to change. The firm plans to release about 20 cars a year for an undisclosed amount of time.
For those of you unfamiliar with the DeLorean (seriously, how are we friends!) the car is famed for it's wing doors and futuristic stainless steel exterior. Production of the original car actually stopped in 1982, three years before it's debut as Doc's time machine in the original Back to the Future (1985). This is exciting kids! Although with an original price tag of 25,000...in 1982....who knows what the 2008 price tag will be!

See full article here.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that article myself. That is my dream car, as it would punctuate my status as a child of the 80's. I will start saving my pogo tokens and live points.

    ReplyDelete