This post is about me being peeved. Not just the pet kind, but the occasional peeve that pops up out of no where. These "occasional peeves" always seem to stem from punks though. Christy and I have had many a conversation about punks. She says she is already like that old lady who is yelling at kids to get off her lawn. And I can't blame her. Punk kids are destroyers. Case in point: There is a sculpture show in the park behind work right now. Some punk kids vandalized one of the sculptures to the point that it is basically ruined. Someone put their heart and soul and probably a lot of money, into creating this beautiful thing for the public and some kid thought it would be awesome to tear it down. PUNKS! I HATE YOU! It just makes me so mad.
My pet peeve is drivers who don't get over until the last second when they know that a lane is ending. Especially when there is road construction or an accident on the highway and the last minute people are what are making traffic stop and start. Why should you get ahead of me just because you are a less consciousness citizen? You are taking advantage of the system! You think you deserve to get over later so you don't have to be in the slowed down lane! OH I GET SO MAD! My dad is one of those people. And he is proud of it. He gets sick joy out of upsetting me although I think it is out of love in a really perverse way. Anywise, that is my pet peeve. Please, oh readers, share with me yours.
*Punks, in this blog, are referring to kids of an unruly nature who have no regard for human decency or society. I have no problem with punk music or punk rockers. In fact I love the Sex Pistols. (So, yes, sing about chaos and wear a mohawk just don't destroy art.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So on 40West right before the papermil exit where it goes down to 2 lanes, this is a big problem. There are all of these people who don't get in one of those lanes until the last second, which is WHY the lanes get slowed down. So I stay in the right lane and when people try to get over at the last second, I cut them off so they can't. I've come close to a few accidents, but I feel as though it is my civic duty to really piss those people off.
ReplyDeleteAnd whomever destroyed that statue is a completly useless person. And my guess, they always wait until the last second to get over.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy pet peeve is when drivers turn right on red like it is their right. IT IS A PRIVILEGE people! When NO cars are driving through the light, you can turn. OTHERWISE IT IS A STOP LIGHT LIKE EVERY OTHER ONE. In fact, last night this very thing happened to me. Although I feel like South Carolina Drivers suck worse than any other state, but maybe not....
ReplyDeleteFact: SC drivers suck worse than any other state. It's true. See: my car.
ReplyDeleteMy pet peeve is idiots at 4-way stops. Learn the rules of the road. 4-way stops are common sense, people.