Friday, June 5, 2009

You think you know someone ...

You think you know someone, you think you are going to build a life with them. You think that they are loving and caring and sweet and practically perfect in every way. And then you find out that they are a ruthless killer. I can't explain to you exactly how this feels. But, I will try to sum it up. I am hurt. I feel lied to. I feel pained that someone I trusted with my entire being could be a killer.

It's true. I know what you must be thinking, Cris wouldn't hurt a fly. OH HOW WE HAVE ALL BEEN DECEIVED. I will set the scene for you.

We were on vacation at the cabin. The entire group was sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows, making s'mores, sharing the moonlight. And then Cris takes a fiery stick and with menace in her face and hate in her eyes she sought out the poor slug, running for his life from the fire and DUG THE FIERY STICK INTO ITS BODY. Her squeals of delight were probably the most disturbing part of the entire episode.

I sat there, trembling. My whole world was crashing down around me. What is next? Boiling kittens?!? She isn't the person that I thought she was. I won't ever forget the terror. I sleep with one eye open now. The image of that fiery, pointed stick coming at me ... it haunts me. I hope that we can move on and try to forget that terrible night ever happened. But, when the trust is broken, there is no turning back.

Oh, also, vacation was super fun :D More posts soon. Including: the most ridiculous thing I saw in Northern Georgia.

10 comments:

  1. mmmmmm....smores. I understand your fear, especially due to the screams of delight that you described. But let me posit this to you: Smores can do that to a person. There's a certain "smores high" that can create this haze in which you don't even know what's happening. If you don't believe me, I'll create a wikipedia article about it to prove it to you.
    Also, next blog about the most ridiculous thing you saw in Northern Georgia. I need some clarification: The Most Ridiculous Thing You Saw in N. Georgia? Or the most ridiculous thing you saw, in N. Georgia. Oh, never mind. I'm confusing even myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smores high is not an excuse. She didn't even have one. She only had marshmallows. So unless my smores high caused a hullucination on my part, there is NO EXCUSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, Crystal isn't really making these comments. I am logged in as her. ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm horrified, hungry for somores, disgusted,and delightfully enchanted with this story.

    BEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. So now you are dreaming you are a slug? I knew you had a great capacity for empathy, but a slug, murder, squeals of delight? And how, exactly, does a slug demonstrate terror?

    I suppose if there had been salt close by then it would have been a less painful scene?

    Hmm, I think I will take the kids out to dig in the yard now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why considerate killers put salt on slugs to kill them - it wouldn't be nearly as scary to wake up and see a salt shaker coming at you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I was seriously 2 lines into this blog and already yelling for Justin because I thought something seriously bad happened between you two. geez...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anja this post was a great sucess! KEEP GOING!

    BEN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this is really Cris now writing this.

    The slug was moving TOWARD the fire! I mean SERIOUSLY people, it had a death wish! A DEATH WISH I TELL YOU! So, I just helped it along.


    That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come on Chris we all know you have a complex now, it will be ok! HUGS!

    BEN

    ReplyDelete