I LOVE days like this. It is absolutely beautiful outside. The sun is shining, it is warm, there is a slight breeze, and I woke up feeling happy and content. I am inspired to do the things that I love to do. I just wish there were time to do them all. I am being super productive, but I know that this day will slip away. I just hope that the feeling continues to tomorrow!
I updated my online portfolio today. I am fairly happy with it. I think that it shows the breadth of my ability. I have a hard time being happy with my portfolio though. I know I am talented and I know that I have good ideas and a strong design aesthetic, but, I always look at the things I have done and want to change a million tiny things. Why did I choose that exact shade of red or if I just moved that up a tad ... but I have learned to just leave it alone. I do nice work. I know I do. I just have to be confident in that ability. (If you want to give me feedback, you can see it at anjasmith.blogspot.com)
But now, I feel this surge of creativity and a will to create! Ideas are surging through me and I am stuck at work! No fair! I want to go for a long run, I want to design some jewelry, I want to bake a cherry almond tart, I want to try something I have never tried before ... and all before the daylight runs out. Reality is harsh. Boo to work, Boo to being cooped up inside, Boo to paying bills, Boo to running out of time and light. If any of you have more freedom than I do on this gorgeous day, please use it wisely! Don't stay inside, don't watch tv ... be productive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment