Friday, May 1, 2009

Ode for Ben

My friend Ben. Ahhhhhhhh, where do I start. We are each others muses. That is all I can say. It is like we are soul mates, only, we don't like each other like that and also we really don't spend much time together at all. We sort of get along best when crafting things. We are totally the same. Only, we are really pretty different. But anyway, enough about how Ben and I are perfect friends. The point is that he does not read my blog, which we need to correct.

While this fact does make him somewhat less shiny in my eyes, I still love him and just want to show him the way. The way to my blog. And what better way than through narcissism? Therefore, this blog is for you Ben. And here is your song:

That familiar feeling
in the pit of his stomach
was gnawing, and crawling
and fighting for recognition

Satiating the need
find hope in the cold
warming to the sensation
filling the empty flesh

Someone stole his cheese sandwich!
Someone stole his cheese sandwich!

no rest
no respite
no where to run or hide
tracking like a panther
his hunger makes it unbearable

Someone stole his cheese sandwich!
Someone stole his cheese sandwich!

How dare they
Where are they
stealing they
eating they

Hide
run
no where to run
no where to hide
he is going to find you

Someone stole his cheese sandwich!
Someone stole his cheese sandwich!

Well, ok, so that was my first attempt at song official song writing, but, I have to brag about myself for a minute: I make up songs on the fly on a regular basis. I am kind of like a rapper only more lyrical and less rap like. I sing them to my girlfriend all the time and sometimes on peoples voicemails. It is like, a hobby of mine. But, I am hoping that through the magic that Ben works on his computer and with his keyboard that this is going to be my first commercial hit. I mean, that new judge on American Idol is a song writer and was moderatly famous in the 80's (who wasn't). So, I think that I could possibly follow in her footsteps.

If nothing else, I just really hope that Ben will come around and be the supportive friend that we both pretend we are. Ben, I think that this is really a fresh start for us. I think we can be better muses, if we allow ourselves to be.

I am going to call and leave you a creepy voicemail, any day now, and ... I hope that the hope of that keeps you going.

1 comment:

  1. Darling Anja,

    You have wrote it
    A song it shall be
    So smile with a CAPITOL "C"!

    BEN

    (it rhymes it must be true!)

    ReplyDelete