Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am funniest when I speak to myself

I am pretty sure I have written a post before on how I talk to myself in the car. In fact I know I have because I just checked my archives and I did in a post called
Talking heads and why I am a villain. you should read it. I didn't, but I am sure I was HILARIOUS. Regardless (Irregardless ... you know who you are) the reason I bring this up is that a friend of mine and I have decided we want to do an amateur stand up. I know I am funny. And she is funny. So why not? I have always secretly wanted to do stand up so I figure I should give it a shot. That way I don't end up in my 60's with some ridiculous bucket list that I have no hope of completing without an intervention from Jack Nicholson (sorry if I got some of that detail wrong, I never did see the movie).

This is all related because, sometimes, when I am talking to myself in the car, I start saying things and I think to myself, 'that would be good stand up!' (I realize that I just took this to a whole new level of crazy). But, I have a terrible memory for things that aren't dramatic so I just forget them. Enter the voice recorder. I need to get a voice recorder and start recording myself while I am in the car. Aside from the proof that I am an absolute loon, I think that the world would gain quite a bit of insight and hilarity from the result.

So, if anyone gets the inkling, or an extra 30 bux is burning a hole in your pocket, you should wander on over to amazon and buy me one. Look! I even put in a button to my wishlist! And look! They have refurbished ones starting at $24.99! What!?! That is a crazy good deal!

My Amazon.com Wish List

Note: Whomever buys me the recorder will be guaranteed unrestricted, unedited access to the resulting dialogue. Think of it as a science experiment/reality audio. This could be good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment