They are remaking Footloose.
WHY!?!?!?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE FIRST ONE? Kevin Bacon is alive and well people! The music: still very relevant. The dancing: I whip out those moves in dance-offs to this day. The fashion: ruffles are back big time. So what gives?
Also, Zac Efron was supposed to be in it. I actually like Zac Efron. He's a cutey and his acting isn't horrendous and I would hate him a lot were it not for Hairspray, which stole my heart. But then he dropped the project. I wonder why? OH PROBABLY BECAUSE HE REALIZED HE HAD A SOUL AND THAT YOU SHOULDN'T REMAKE FOOTLOOSE!!!!
So now there is this random star from CW who looks vaguely like Zac Efron and I am here to say: that movie is going to blow. (link to his IMDB page if you don't believe me that he is a Zac rip off: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2003700/)
My heart aches and now I am going to go dance it off ... excuse me please.
This just in: both Hayden Panettiere and Miley Cyrus are both rumored to want in. Dear God this is SO NOT GETTING BETTER!
And it just keeps getting worse because apparently it is a remake of the Broadway musical. Which .. was supposed to have sucked. So it is a musical. Now I am just sobbing uncontrollably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am here to say that YES the acting will not be as good from the "New Zac", but he is just as cute :) We will see, maybe you will have a love/hate relationship with it like you do with Twilight.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, remember twilight? We could do the same for footloose, but ... you're right. It won't have the same feel. I thought I heard that Kevin Bacon was going to be a teacher or something in the new footloose movie.
ReplyDeleteOf course I freaking remember Twilight! I also was at the pool the other day and there was a woman sitting by the pool reading Twilight. First, I wanted to stop her from embarrassing herself. You don't read that in public. Secondly, I wanted to save her from the mistake she was making until I realized she was on the second book and there was no turning back.
ReplyDeletehmmmm...Did I tell you my mother started reading them, and we don't have the second book (she is SO upset about that, btw), and she practically jumped on me one day when I got to her house, saying "I stayed up until 1 am reading this." oh, mom.
ReplyDeleteYour mom does not need to be sullied by that trash! I am kind of upset about that. Although I am happy that six months later she finally accepted my friend request on facebook. Pretty sure I need to thank you for that.
ReplyDelete